upcoming projects and exhibitions:
07.12.2019 — 16.02.2020
9KG DE OXIGÉNIO
I’m showing an installation @Galeria Municipal do Porto with Uma Certa Falta de Coerência in Porto, Portugal. A group exhibition with:
Babi Badalov, Daniel Barroca, António Bolota, Camilo Castelo Branco, Merlin Carpenter, Rolando Castellón, June Crespo, Luisa Cunha, Stephan Dillemuth, Loretta Fahrenholz, Pedro G. Romero, Dan Graham, Alisa Heil, Mike Kelley, Ruchama Noorda, Silvestre Pestana, Josephine Pryde adn Xoan Torres.
June 2019 – September 2020
TUMULUS is an enclosed garden installation that functions as a natural ruin, compost heap, cement + soil sculpture, seedbed, earthwork, lo-tech fountain, drinking/ dyeing source, and dunghill. Over the course of 16 months from June 2019 to September 2020, artist Ruchama Noorda will transform the patch of greenery next to our Sluisdeurenloods into a living sculpture and performance site.
Tumulus is a cyclical weed-woad restoration project in 5 parts:
1. Vegetative State (June – mid July)
2. Growth Imperative (mid July – October, with a dedication ceremony on Friday September 13, 2019)
3. Dormant Lot (November – February)
4. Healing Property (March – August)
5. Blue Monday (Closing ceremony/celebration of autumnal equinox, September 21st 2020)
@Mediamatic Biotoop, Dijksgracht 6 Amsterdam